Insurance Claims for Additional Living Expenses 'ALE'


We've helped Residential Homeowners, Renters, and Commercial Business clients with their insurance claims since 1985. You can find some more advice regarding 'ALE' Coverage 'D' Below


Loss of Use?

Have you suffered a property damage loss and is your home uninhabitable? Most Homeowner's Insurance policies carry coverage 'D' which would account for additional living expenses. 'ALE'  claimscan be confusion as to what it covers during your insurance claim. You're  homeowner’s insurance policy that provides Coverage D entitles you to receive a payment for your incurred expenses during this time. This would include eating out, a hotel stay, a temporary house/apartment rental and some other expenses you may not realize are covered.


This coverage also applies for rental properties as well. 


Why Lightman and Fields?


UnderPaid Insurance Claims 

  • If you feel you feel the settlement offer from the insurance company regarding your damage claim from ALE is unacceptable,  you do not have to accept your insurance company's settlement offer. It s salso possible to reopen the claim even if you have cashed your initital check. It is your right to hire a professional to assist you with your property insurance claim. Call us for a free claim evaluation  (800) 446-4496

Initial Insurance Claims 

  • The best time to hire a public adjuster is once you you discover and stop the damage.

Denied Insurance Claims 

  • Many insurance claims are wrongfully denied by the insurance company. You do not have to accept the wrongful denial as the final word in your case. In most cases, we can overturn that denial assist you in receiving the insurance claim compensation you deserve according to your insurance policy.

Call us for a free claim evaluation call now (800) 446-4496

Important Notes:

Additional Living Expense (ALE) coverage is usually part of insurance included within the homeowner's insurance policy. ALE will reimburse the insured policyholder for the cost of maintaining a comparable standard of living over your normal expenses.

For example, Additional Living Expense (ALE) insurance would cover an insured's hotel bill or temporary rental while damage to the home is being repaired or replaced.

In general, Additional Living Expense (ALE) coverage is subject to a limit equal to 30 percent of the dwelling limit under forms homeowners HO 2, HO 3, and HO 5 insurance policies.

Additional Living expenses 'ALE' is generally 10% of the dwelling limit of your insurance policy. 

Under a renters/tenants policy (HO 4), Additional Living expenses 'ALE' is usually 30% of the personal property limit.

Under the HO 6 insurance policy -  a condominium apartment or townhome - policy the usual limit of Additional Living Expenses is  50 % of your personal property limit.

We have been helping property owners since 1985, call us for a no-cost and nono-obligation consultation fo your specific homeowner's or commercial business damage Insurance claim.

Contact Us

We'll come to you!!

We work for You, The Insurance Policyholder, NOT the Insurance company.

Message us on WhatsApp

Lightman + Fields Public Insurance Adjusters

712 US Route 1, North Palm Beach, Florida 33408, United States

Call 1 (800 446-4496 or (561) 515-0030 For immediate assistance.


Available 24 hours a day  - 365 Days a Year.